- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp red thai paste (you could add a little more or less depending on the brand you use)
- 1.5kgs pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 500ml can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
TO SERVE INGREDIENTS
- 2 tbsp sriracha or other chilli sauce
- 1 fresh red chili, finely sliced
1. Heat oil in large pan and place the onion in pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat until onion has softened. Add in ginger, garlic and thai paste cook for further 2 minutes. Add pumpkin and sweet potato and stir until everything is coated in the paste.
2 Add in the stock and coconut milk and bring to a gently bubble, then simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper, then turn off the heat. Carefully blend with a stick blender or pour into a juice blender. Once smooth return to pan bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Ladle into bowls. Swirl in a little cream and chilli sauce, then top with some chopped red chiles.