- 300g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli)
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into wedges
- 2 x 200g sirloin steaks, trimmed, thinly sliced into strips
- 100g green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) or dry sherry
- 1/4 cup (60ml) beef stock
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
2. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large frypan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and onion, then stir-fry for 1 minute or until the onion is softened slightly but not coloured. Add the beef and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until browned, then add beans, hoisin, soy, rice wine and stock. Toss to coat, then simmer for 1-2 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens.
3. Add the cooked noodles, then toss with tongs to incorporate all the ingredients well. Serve immediately garnished with spring onion and extra chilli.