- 1/2 x 400g packet Dutch spice cookies
- 80g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, chopped, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons MasterFoods Ginger Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon MasterFoods Nutmeg Ground
- 3 eggs
CHEWY MAPLE CARAMEL
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1/2 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon glucose syrup
METHOD1. Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Grease a 3.5cm-deep, 16cm x 26cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges on all sides.
2. Reserve 1 cookie. Place remaining cookies in a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, caster sugar, ginger and nutmeg until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined. Pour mixture over base in prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set (cheesecake will wobble slightly in centre). Turn off oven. Cool cheesecake in oven with door slightly ajar for 1 hour.
4. To make the Chewy maple caramel, place maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, condensed milk and glucose syrup in a small heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, without boiling for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium-low. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and turns a dark golden caramel colour. Working quickly, pour over warm cheesecake, carefully spreading to cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
5. Before serving, remove cheesecake from fridge 30 minutes or until caramel is soft enough to cut. Break reserved cookie into crumbs. Sprinkle cheesecake with cookie crumbs. Using a large hot knife, carefully cut cheesecake into squares. Serve.