- 375g dried orecchiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 30g butter
- 1 small brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon drained baby capers, rinsed
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
1. Cook pasta following packet directions.
2. Place flour in a large snap-lock bag. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in snap-lock bag. Seal bag. Shake to coat chicken in flour.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1/2 the oil and 1/2 the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, shaking off excess flour. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add remaining oil and remaining butter to frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add stock, lemon juice and cream to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened.
5. Drain pasta. Stir pasta into chicken mixture. Sprinkle with capers, basil, parmesan and lemon zest. Serve.