- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1⁄4 cup Thai chilli jam stir-fry paste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 115g tray baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1⁄2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup roasted salted cashews
1. Separate bok choy leaves from stems. Trim, then roughly shred leaves. Slice stems thickly into 5cm lengths. Set both aside.
2. Combine chilli jam stir-fry paste, sugar and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat wok over a high heat. Add 2 tsp peanut oil, swirling pan to coat. Stir-fry 1⁄3 chicken for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat for another 2 batches. If necessary, wipe wok with paper towel between batches, before adding oil.
4. Add remaining oil to wok over a high heat, swirling pan to coat. Add garlic, capsicum, corn and onion and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add water and stir-fry for a further minute. Add bok choy stems and chilli jam sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute or until stems are almost tender.
5. Return chicken to wok with bok choy leaves and stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Stir in basil leaves and cashews, then serve.