- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Choppped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme Leaves
- 500G Beef Mince
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup (60ml) Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup (250ml) Chicken Stock
- 2 X 400g Passata
- 500g Pappardelle or Fettuccine
- Finely Grated Parmesan and Basil Leaves to Serve
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and thyme and cook for 3–4 minutes or until softened.
2. Add the mince, salt and pepper and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 10–12 minutes or until browned. Add the vinegar, tomato paste, stock and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 10–12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 7–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, divide between plates and top with the bolognese, parmesan and basil leaves to serve. Serves 4.