- 375g pappardelle or fettuccine pasta
- 40g butter
- 200g Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g Coles Beef Rump Steak, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 cup salt-reduced beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook mushroom for 3-4 mins or until tender. Transfer to a plate. Cook the onion and capsicum in the pan for 2-3 mins until tender. Transfer to the plate.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over high heat. Cook one-quarter of beef until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining oil and beef.
4. Return vegetables to pan. Add paprika and cook for 1 min. Add stock, sauce and cornflour. Bring to the boil. Add beef and cream. Simmer for 2-3 mins or until heated through. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with chives.